• DO YOU ACCEPT TOTAL BEGINNERS? I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE GUITAR!
Yes! Beginners are accepted and encouraged.
• I DON'T HAVE A GUITAR, BUT I WANT TO GET ONE. CAN YOU SUGGEST SOME BRANDS OR MODELS?
When you meet Bil for your free trial lesson, he can recommend a guitar that will be perfect for you. He’ll help you find something that fits both your style and your budget. He’ll also give you some tips on where to buy.
• I’VE HEARD THAT BEGINNERS HAVE TO START ON ACOUSTIC GUITAR. IS THAT TRUE?
This is a myth. Starting with electric guitar is just as efficient as starting on an acoustic or classical guitar.
• MY SCHEDULE IS VERY HECTIC AND IT KEEPS CHANGING. DO I HAVE TO KEEP THE SAME TIME SPOT? HOW DOES SCHEDULING WORK?
Time slots are flexible week to week. As long as the lesson is booked a week in advance, you can pick a time that works for you.
• SHOULD I BRING MY OWN GUITAR TO THE TRIAL LESSON?
Certainly! If you want to play your guitar, bring it along. If not, you can use one of Bil's guitars. Bil is also happy to check out your guitar and make sure it’s working properly.
• WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN THE TRIAL LESSON?
The trial lesson is an opportunity to meet Bil, talk about your goals and interests, get a brief sample of how he teaches, and decide if you want to continue.
• WOULD I NEED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN A GUITAR FOR REGULAR LESSONS?
The only other purchases you’ll need to make are a few small items like a tuner and a binder to store all lesson material.
• I AM NOT SURE IF I WANT TO BUY A GUITAR JUST YET. IS IT OKAY TO TAKE LESSONS WITHOUT A GUITAR?
If you’re a beginner, you really need to practice in between lessons, so you need a guitar.
• WHAT ARE YOUR BUSINESS HOURS?
You can check them out here: Business Hours
• HOW MUCH ARE THE LESSONS? AND HOW LONG?
Weekly and bi-weekly lessons are an hour long. You can check out the rates here: Rates